General Information and Registration
All courses are currently being offered ONLINE via a secure WebEx platform.
All sessions are Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. with a 1 hour break for lunch. We hope to add a second monthly session in the near future and will update dates once those have been scheduled.
UPCOMING SESSION DATES:
October 23, 2021
November 13, 2021
December 18, 2021
The Parenting Apart Education Program is a six-hour training session required by the CT family court system for all divorcing parents. It covers how to buffer the impact of divorce on children, as well as techniques for keeping communication child-focused and positive after separation occurs.
Fees are $150 for the course per person. Those with a financial hardship may request a fee waiver through the Clerk’s office at Family Relations.
Ready to Register?
- Leave your contact information through the form below or on our voicemail [860 486 1005]. You are not registered until you have spoken with our program coordinator or receive a registration confirmation e mail.
- The program coordinator will contact you as soon as possible to complete your registration.
- You will receive a confirmation email with instructions for course documentation and payment information.
Already signed up?
Once you are registered, you will receive an email confirmation of the class with additional information and directions. Once you have registered for the class, please email the Court Order Form to us at: email@example.com
The Court Order form is a carbon copy form with the words “Parenting Education Program — Order, Certificate and Results” printed in the upper left-hand corner. You can obtain this form from your attorney or from any courthouse in the state, or you can click on the link below. Please make sure that the Court Location, Name of Case, and Docket Number are clearly written on the form. If this information is missing or illegible it may result in a delay in processing.
A packet of information that you will use during the class can be previewed at the bottom of this page.
Class Cancellations and Rescheduling Procedures:
* In case of severe/winter weather, please call our office at 860-486-1005. Please note: if the UConn Storrs or other UConn campuses are closed, our program will be closed. We will reschedule that class, and in some instances will set up make up snow dates in advance.
* If we close for snow or any other reason, we will make every effort to contact you by phone and/or email to let you know in advance. You can also check with us by calling the office at the number listed above. Sometimes the University announces a closing later in the day. Please check back with our office throughout the day.
* We rarely cancel for any other reason than snow. However, we do reserve the right to cancel for other unavoidable reasons. We will notify you as soon as possible if we need to cancel or reschedule your class for any reason. Should we have to cancel a class, we will be glad to provide you with a written letter or email explanation.