General Information and Registration
For the Parenting Apart Education Program Co-parenting Workshop Registration, call 860-486-1005 (toll-free)
Class Locations: Storrs (monthly), Norwich (monthly)
The Parenting Apart Education Program is a six-hour training session required by the CT family court system for all divorcing parents. It covers how to buffer the impact of divorce on children, as well as techniques for keeping communication child-focused and positive after separation occurs. Classes are offered in Storrs and Norwich.
Fees are $150 for the course per person. Those with a financial hardship may request a fee waiver through the Clerk’s office at Family Relations.
BROOKLYN (139 Wolf Den Road) 9:00am-4:00pm with one hour break for lunch, on Saturday
Due to under-enrollment and staffing conflicts, we are not currently scheduling classes in Brooklyn.
NORWICH (562 New London Turnpike) 9:00am-4:00pm with one hour break for lunch, on Saturday
Saturday, September 7th
Saturday, October 5th
Saturday, November 9th
STORRS, (843 Bolton Road) 9:00am-4:00pm with one hour break for lunch, on Saturday
Saturday, September 21st
Saturday, October 5th
Saturday, November 2nd
Ready to Register?
- Leave your contact information through the form below or on our voicemail [860 486 1005]. You are not registered until you have spoken with our program coordinator.
- The program coordinator will contact you within 24 hours to complete your registration.
- You will receive a confirmation email with instructions for course documentation and payment information.
Already signed up?
Once you are registered, you will receive an email confirmation of the class with additional information and directions. Please bring the following items to the class:
Court Order Form This is a carbon copy form with the words “Parenting Education Program — Order, Certificate and Results” printed in the upper left-hand corner. You can obtain this form from your attorney or from any courthouse in the state, or click on the link below. Please make sure that the Court Location, Name of Case, and Docket Number are clearly written on the form. If this information is missing or illegible it may result in a delay in processing.
Money order or Fee Waiver signed by an officer of the court.
- Note: no cash or personal checks can be accepted.
- Please pay via money order or bank check. The fee is $150.00. Please make out the money order to the University of Connecticut or UConn.
- Any waiver must be signed by an officer of the court.
A packet of information will be provided to you during your class.
- You can preview this packet at the bottom of this page.
Class Cancellations and Rescheduling Procedures:
* In case of severe/winter weather, please call our office at 860-486-1005. Please note: if the UConn Storrs or other UConn campuses are closed, our program will be closed. We will reschedule that class, and in some instances will set up make up snow dates in advance.
* If we close for snow or any other reason, we will make every effort to contact you by phone and/or email to let you know in advance. You can also check with us by calling the office at the number listed above. Sometimes the University announces a closing later in the day. Please check back with our office throughout the day.
* We rarely cancel for any other reason than snow. However, we do reserve the right to cancel for other unavoidable reasons. We will notify you as soon as possible if we need to cancel or reschedule your class for any reason. Should we have to cancel a class, we will be glad to provide you with a written letter or email explanation.